Saturday, October 13, 2007

The ringnig cedar

There's this movie (based on a book) entitled As far as my feet will carry me that I watched recently that is really intriguing. The story is about a Nazi soldier POW who were sent to Russian prison camp in east Siberia, who escaped and was able to return home in Germany after 3 years.

What struck me most is the part when he was saved by a young yakuts girl, which later on he was given a ringing cedar pendant.

Actually, I never heard about ringing cedar at all, until my brother-in-law told me about it.

In Siberia, if a cedar tree is about to die ( because of old age - 300-500 years old ), the tree emits a ringing sound. The shamans believe that once you cut that tree, and take a part of it with you. The energy and oil of that wood can make you feel stronger, makes your aura colorful, than any person you meet will like you.

The ringing cedar idea is actually in the book of Vladimir Migre called "The ringing cedar series". Book 1 is called Anastasia (click the link for details). This a must read book.

No comments: